Our 2030 Goal: A 60% Reduction in tCO2e Across Our Operations
“As we set out every day to build a better future for the skilled trades, we’re dedicated to finding ways to minimize the environmental footprint of our operations. We’re proud to share that we’re nearly halfway to our 2030 goal!”
- Renewable Energy in WI More than 90% of electricity used is from renewable sources, providing nearly 30,000,000 kWh/year in renewable energy.
- Renewable Energy in MS In partnership with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and their Green Flex program we’re utilizing 30,000,000 kWh of certified renewable energy generated through wind farms. This offsets 100% of the electricity used in our distribution centers.
- Call2Recycle Partnership Through our partnership, we’ve helped their mission to sustainably recycle more than 8 million pounds of batteries every year.
- Lighting Upgrades Converting to 100% energy efficient LED lighting across all facilities. Currently at 70% completion.
- Compressed Air Leak Audits Solved for compressed air leaks, saving nearly 500,000 kWh/year of electricity. That’s enough electricity to power 68 homes for an entire year!
- Internal Energy Audits Performing regular energy audits to reveal large opportunities for energy reduction across our operations.
- Equipment Upgrades We’ve already upgraded to high efficiency HVAC equipment in half our facilities, reducing energy consumption and ensuring a comfortable workplace for more than 4,900 employees.
- Increased Recycling Options in Plants Across our facilities, we’re diverting more than 200,000 lbs of plastic stretch film from landfills annually.
- Sourced Renewable Energy Exploring options to invest in renewably sourced energy to power our facilities.
- Establishing Waste Diversion Goal Reducing our operational waste-to-landfill through recycling initiatives.
- Packaging Reduction Determining methods to reduce product packaging and increase usage of recycling materials.